Geothermal development can involve distinct stages of exploration and development, or financing and scheduling constraints can require exploration and development to occur simultaneously. Throughout the development and operation of the project, efforts to optimize the use of the resource continue especially as it changes with production or as the project expands.
Rational exploration plans require reasonable and timely data acquisition and interpretation to develop an early understanding of the resource potential and to minimize development risks. Development plans and project design often require modification throughout the life of the project in order to optimize the resource supply. Optimal production and injection scenarios can change as new resource information is revealed, environmental, regulatory, economic, market or contractual information changes with the production of a resource.
Geologica Geothermal Group understands the needs of geothermal projects and how to contribute to their success. Our personnel have been involved in every stage of geothermal resource development from exploration, development, maintenance, operations, and closure for more than twenty years.
Geologica Geothermal Group personnel and our expert associates have contributed to all phases of geothermal resource development including:
- Geothermal field mapping
- Geochemistry and Fluid Sampling and Data Evaluation
- Gas loading, Scaling and Corrosion Mitigation
- Geophysical study planning and interpretation
- Resource Exploration and Well Targeting
- Drilling Supervision and Wellsite Geology
- Well Test Planning, Oversight, Analysis
- ArcGIS, Leapfrog, and 3-D Modelling
- Reservoir Monitoring and Management
- Geothermal Project Due Diligence
- Geothermal Project Feasibility Study
- Reservoir Engineering
- Conceptual Reservoir Modeling
- Numerical Simulation
- Environmental Permitting Support,Regulatory Support, and Waste Management
- Risk Assessment
- Data Management
- Chemical Plant Balance and Process Engineering
- Hydrogen Sulfide Abatement
- Resource Assessment: Geologica Geothermal Group provides comprehensive support services for geothermal exploration and resource identification and definition.
- Resource Development: Geologica Geothermal Group focuses our resource assessment and development studies and planning on collecting the necessary information for data-driven, resource-specific decision making.
- Resource Management: Resource Management: Geologica Geothermal Group has contributed to optimization of development strategy and production processes in many geothermal systemss.